It has been a frustrating period for rebuilding Anne-Marie but every so often I achieve a little bit here and there.
So over the last few days I have been putting Colean on the cockpit seat timbers. We have replaced all the wood and it is now ready to be re-installed. However I have discovered that one of the lids which is Fibreglass has cracked and is very weak so before I finish it I am going to have to strengthen the lid.
Today I have installed the front anchor hatch cover. Tomorrow there will be a bit of varnishing to do just to tidy things up. I have also hopefully sealed troublesome leak in the deck
The main boom is on the mast again but I can’t fix the topping lift until I climb the mast. It turns out that the Triatic stay which I had not yet connected has twisted around the topping lift and I can’t get to it without planning the mast.
One bit of really good news is that I have discovered how to connect up the water heating system. I have discovered that the two blanks beside the top of the thermostat housing are actually access points for heating. I shall take one out install a connector and plumb the heating in. Things are a lot easier when you open your eyes.
2 thoughts on “9th May 2020”
Well things are progressing well, at least with Borris news today you can now visit daily and your maiden voyage is getting a lot closer. Amazing job , much respect……
Sent from my iPad
Thanks Bryn. It has been very frustrating but I feel much more confident and am really pleased we are getting things properly back in place.