So over the last fortnight we’ve been doing lots of things off the boat:
1. Manufacturing a new Perspex cover for the engine controls.
2. Tidying up the wiring and creating a new wiring loom in the engine bay.
3. Fixing the new fuel sender into the panel that goes on the top of the fuel tank.
4. Removing redundant fuel lines which we think served a diesel heater.
5. Removed an old diesel fuel filter as there are already plenty there.
6. Meeting Christian from IMP on board (www.improducts.co.uk/marine) to discuss lighting needs and blinds for the windows and hatches. He was very helpful and we are looking forward to doing business with him.
7. Planning the electrical circuits.
8. Building a new battery box.
9. Cleaning out all our stored materials to see what we still need to keep. 10. Digging out the old hot water tank and planning how that will refit into the engine compartment and be linked to the engine internal water cooling system.
11. Looking at the alternator to see how I might retrofit a W cable – a W cable is the sender which gives the rev meter information to show the engine revs.
12. Cleaning up and re-storing the engine hours counter which we found in the engine compartment. It still works so we will wire it into the navigation systems and have it on display properly.
13. Making up new teak covers for the cockpit seating and hatches.
14. Making and fitting the new hatch cover to the bow deck locker.
15. Fitting the waste tank into the heads and putting the WC in place for dry-fitting the waste pipes.