Well the weather is just lovely and don’t we wish we had Anne Marie finished six months ago? What a summer it has been on the south coast of England.
The last week has seen us really getting Anne Marie ready for winter. Colean is a massively expensive paint but it really does the trick with teak. You must however keep the lid on as it cures in double quick time with moisture in the air. We (Carrie actually) have taken to pouring small amounts into a container and using that before getting more out.
The other thing we have noticed is that the Germans (it’s a German product) don’t like you to take the lid off more than once as the lids are very lightweight. They just bend.
I have also gone round and filled all the toe-rail teak plugs as they were not weather proof. Epoxy mixed with team dust and colloidal silica filler has done the trick.. A bit of sanding once set and you wouldn’t notice (much).
We have also been doing the engine wiring (still). It has taken a long time tracking the wiring loom from the cockpit to the engine compartment and then extending the wires to the correct length. The old loom had been cut, melted and just plain adjusted so we are spending time getting things right.
Lastly we have been taking off the cockpit seats to replace/repair them. The old teak strips are in poor condition but the plywood sheeting upon which they are mounted has completely rotted away.
Oh and I have put the mizzen boom on the boat. Hopeful I know but at least I am getting a hard head where I keep bashing it getting in and out of the cockpit!