It has been a few weeks since I last updated my blog. So what have we been doing apart from going on holiday catching some lobsters and crabs.
The galley has now got some drawers and makes it look much more like a proper functioning location.
The rudder has been properly refurbished and primed/under coated. It has had a number of coats of epoxy and a layer of glass fibre Mat. It has been offered up to the boat and I am in the process of fitting the stuffing box and bearings.
The engine is now under the floor and I have completed the rebuilding of the engine mount support brackets. These are now fixed to the engine which is roughly aligned in place.
I have had some difficulty in dealing with the flexible coupling between the engine and propeller shaft. This is because the output shaft of the gearbox is a two bolt affair and the flange that is fixed to the propeller shaft has four bolts. This is meant manufacturing a conversion.
The propeller shaft has been removed in the attempt to get the propeller off. I’m still struggling with this But now have access to an hydraulic puller. In this case hitting it hard with a hammer didn’t work.
I have loosened up the mechanism which goes between the rudder shaft and the wheel steering. This allows me to adjust the steering angle of the rather a bit like you have to have your cars front wheels properly aligned to ensure it goes in a straight line and doesn’t wear out.
I have installed the through-hull for the new log which will enable me to measure speed and distance travelled.