Update 16th of April 2018

The last couple of weeks have seen more painting and filling of holes internally. We have now finished as far as we can putting the external fittings on the boat. There are two still left which required a spot of bending and reshaping. I have been using tools I bought when I was 21 and these don’t get used very much but they are really useful when they do come out.

We have started to clean the bottom below the waterline ready for priming with international Primocon. It is a horrible job. The new paint will go on in the next couple of weeks and that will spruce the boat up tremendously. After that we will use international Micron extra 2 as anti-foul.

I am turning my attention to the main mast which requires some bolts being replaced, new wiring and LED lighting, cleaning, new running rigging and the replacement of the stays and shrouds.

I have also been dismantling the old Lofrans Tigres windlass and at last picked up the courage to drill out some bolts to remove a warped and cracked faceplate. A new one is on order.

Published by

Anne Marie (aka Mike Stephens)

I am a well traveled, globe-trotting vessel with great lines. I am told I give a comfortable ride for my years. Although a little worn out I am looking forward to getting back onto the water after a full service.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.