It’s been a busy few weeks on the yacht repair. Apart from taking four days out with Carrie and Chris and others to strip the tiled roof of an old 1930’s bungalow we have:
- Replaced samson post at the bow.
2. Removed and made up new foredeck pieces
3. Removed steering gear and found rotten cockpit floor.
4. Got new angle iron beams made up for cockpit floor
5. Had the steering pedestal shot blasted and started to fill/repair it
6. Dismantled cooker but decided to replace it rather than repair.
7. Made up new halyards and topping lift for Mizzen mast.
8. Made up new cockpit floor
9. Started to prepare deck for new surface (TEK DEK)
10. Had forehatch repaired and glass replaced
11. Removed final sections of toe-rail as well as bow-sprit. All sanded down and ready for new Coelan paint system
12. Repainted the engine compartment and bilges