Well so far we are concentrating on getting the boat ready to have the masts down. We tried to get up the mast to remove the triatic stay (between the top of the two masts – see photo with starlings!) but the bottom sheave of the topping lift shattered due to excess weight! Note to self…. I have now had a new sheave made by Versatile Marine (www.versatilemarine.co.uk ) which I will fit later
. It’s the second sheave they have made for me – the first being for an outhaul on the mizzen boom and jolly good it is too.
The triatic will have to wait for the crane to provide the lift when we remove the masts on 22nd October 2015. The main mast is going to act as the ridge pole to the over-boat full length cover.