Is there going to be any of Anne Marie’s interior left? Now the galley has gone to make way for a larger dining table and new quarter berth.
Anne Marie has her own Facebook account now. Although Facebook weren’t sure for a while what gender she is or indeed when her birthday is. Now they know she was born in 1977 and is female. This is of course her choice to make in advance of any changes in legislation in the UK.
Today saw a major step forward in weather proofing the deck. The whole thing was templated for the laying of a plastic teak looking deck to be fitted at the end of august.
A series of plastic sheets were fitted, cut and marked up to become the patterns over which the Tek Deck will be constructed.
They will be taken back o the Worksop and laid out on the floor to create a picture of Ann Marie’s deck and cockpit layout. Watch out for the end of august when the end result is glued in place.
REAL improvements to report. The six side sections are all glued in place using 3M5200 sealant. And bolted down with loads of massive bolts through the deck sides.
are (well Alan actually) repairing the rear toe rail which had rotted extensively.
The deck is being filled, screw heads counter-sinked, and smoothed out to get a surface ready for the new decking.
Onwards and upwards.
It’s been a busy few weeks on the yacht repair. Apart from taking four days out with Carrie and Chris and others to strip the tiled roof of an old 1930’s bungalow we have:
2. Removed and made up new foredeck pieces
3. Removed steering gear and found rotten cockpit floor.
4. Got new angle iron beams made up for cockpit floor
5. Had the steering pedestal shot blasted and started to fill/repair it
6. Dismantled cooker but decided to replace it rather than repair.
7. Made up new halyards and topping lift for Mizzen mast.
8. Made up new cockpit floor
9. Started to prepare deck for new surface (TEK DEK)
10. Had forehatch repaired and glass replaced
11. Removed final sections of toe-rail as well as bow-sprit. All sanded down and ready for new Coelan paint system
12. Repainted the engine compartment and bilges